Saturday, November 27, 2010

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving


This year for Thanksgiving, I had a wonderful time.  We were able to bring Christina home for a couple of days from the group home.  She really enjoyed herself.  My son,with his family, drove up to NJ from Florida and spent 4 days with us.  His children are growing so big.  Tyler, my grandson, is now the tallest person in our family.  The girls, Angelica and Karly are becoming young ladies.  Even Dusty, the family dog, came up for a visit and was wonderful.  (I really enjoyed him.)  They stayed with Dave and me. 

My brother and sister-in-law from Illinois (Rich and Janet) flew in last Saturday.  So did their son, Jared with his wife Kai and daughter Alexis; their son Andy; and their daughter, Julia, with her husband Tilma and their son TJ and foster son Kyrall.  My brother and sister-in-law. Ralph and Bernice, drove up from South Carolina, with their daughter Ashley and dog Lily. This group of people stayed at my mother's house, and it was packed there.

Everyone came to my house for Thanksgiving dinner.  There were 20 people for dinner.  We enjoyed turkey, stuffing, potatoes, rutagaba, creamed onions, peas, lima beans and corn, cranberry sauce, and of course pies....pumpkin, pecan, and apple.  I don't believe anyone went home hungry.     We took lots of  family pictures.  The opening picture is our family who made it to dinner.  Below is a picture of my mom with all her grandchildren (minus 2) and great-grandchildren.


No comments: