Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Another week, and another card for sharing.  I always seem to be rushing to make a wedding card.  I get invites to the wedding, then wait to create the card.  Now I will have a card made, ready for the next wedding I attend.  


This week at ICS we were given this sketch to use:



My first thought when I saw this sketch was a 3 tiered cake.  Hmm...should I make a birthday card?  No, a wedding cake has tiers, so I decided to make a wedding card.    I had some stamps I was wanting to try, so I stamped this Hanglar couple to see how they would look on top of the cake.   They were perfect as the topper! I had some DCWV paper the I used for the background on  this card.  The four corners had a swirly shape that I liked, so I cut them off and trimmed around the edges.  I used pop dots to pop up the corners... I took my copic markers and colored her wedding dress with some very light blues and grays, then I used some glitter on the bride and groom.   The three layer cake was a set of matching light turquoise papers and I used liquid pearls to "ice" the edges of the cake.   And what wedding cake doesn't have flowers?  I found these small white flowers in my stash and sprayed them with a turquoise glimmer mist.  In the center of each flower I place a silver liquid pearl.   Here is my card...ready to use.  (I just noticed the bottom of the card looks crooked.  It isn't that way in person.  I think it must the angle I used to shoot the card.)

No comments: