Saturday, August 7, 2010

Tag contest at CKC

As I mentioned previousy there was a tag contest at CKC. Everyone in our group decided to try for it. What the heck! Why not give it a try. After all, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Once the tags were passed out, we had approximately one hour to work on our tags and submit them. Here is a picture of my tag.

I used some glimmer mist on white cardstock, then I stamped it with a technique Tuesday stamp that we had received earlier in a class.  I wet the cardstock and wrinkled it and inked the edges.  Next I added a picture I happened to have and a sticker that said "cherish these days". I then created a flower by accordian pleating some paper to make a flower.

There were many tags submitted, somewhere between 30 and 45.  Some were funny, some were beautiful.  They were all creative. The top 2 tags would win prizes.  First place was a lot of items.  Second prize was a set of books.  When the voting came, the judges had a hard choice.  They decided to give 3 prizes out.  3rd place got the books, 2nd place got the goodies, and 1st place got an Epic machine.  I was shocked when they called my name as the 3rd place winner!  I won the books...probably the best thing I could have won.  One book is by Ali Edwards, Steps; and the other book is a Becky Higgins book with ideas forall kinds of things....sketches, borders, tags, squares, etc.  I love them both.

No comments: