Monday, December 20, 2010

Less than one week to go....

Christmas is coming closer still.  Wow less than a week away.  Where has all the time gone?  Where has the year gone?  I thought I would share one of my Christmas cards with you all.  I used the Cricut machine to cut the snowflake circle.  Then I placed packing tape on the backside of the snowflake and sprinkled red glitter on it.  It sure made the snowflake shine!  Next, I cut out cardboard circle rings 1/4" thick.(I cut some out using 2 different sized nestabilites and for others I used the Martha Steward circle cutter.)  I applied green glitter to these circle rings and used pop dots on the rings.  There  is a 5" piece of red cardstock under the snowflake card and I used an EK success border cutter to cut out my saying on the front of the card, and popped it up with pop dots.  I took the whole card front and glued it on a sparkly sheet of ivory white paper that I had folded in half.  I really like this card.  On the inside I found a verse about friends that ws in the shape of a Christmas tree.  I printed that out on a stationary sheet bordered with poinsettias. I then tied ribbon in the middle to hold the inside and outside together.    Below is a picture of the outside of the card and the inside.  Merry Christmas to all!

3 comments:

Nicola said...

Wow a beautiful card.Many thanks for joining us at ICS and don't fprget our DT call. Nicola xx

Dawn♥ said...

WOW I totally love you creation. Great way to use the sketch. Thanks for joining us at ICS and don't forget our DT call.

Jackie said...

Very pretty, thanks for joining in with our ICS challenge.

Happy new year.