Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Where has the summer gone?

We are almost finished with the month of August!  Kids and teachers are getting ready to go back to school, and I sit here clapping my hands, because I do not have to go back to school.  It is so nice being retired.

I have some more cards for you today and I thought I would update you on what I have been doing.  First the cards...

This is a mandela card.  I stamped and cut out 4 different layers, then built them up with pop dots in between.  I like how this card turned out.

This card was made with a digital stamp.  I kind of like how it turned out.  Using digital stamps is different, but has advantages.  Of course, my problem is I download all these free digital stamps, then when I got to scrap, the computer is upstairs and I am downstairs.   I need to coordinate it better.
I made this with a stamp from Heartfelt Creations.  You can't see the glitter in the background, but it is sparkling!  I really like this card.

Now...as an FYI, I am still "substitute" teaching classes at Michaels.  My friend, Kim, is the teacher, but when she has a daytime class or is sick, I try to fill in for her.  Things are going slow.  We have several boards that we have completed, showing the finished product for several classes.  Unfortunately, only one can be posted in the front of the store at a time.  There is no other way for us to showcase our classes to the public, since corporate office wants all stores to be uniform.  We can demo in the store 2 hours a month, so that doesn't leave a lot of time.  Once a quarter there is a big open house for all the different instructors to showcase their work.  That is about the limit of what we can do.  It would be nice if things would turn around and we could get more people to take classes.  

Oh Well.  Life goes one and we get a little bit older each day.  Until the next time......



No comments: