Friday, May 10, 2013

May flowers just for you...

 

April showers bring May flowers, or so the saying goes.  I love seeing flowers.  These stamps are part of a set of twelve stamps from Stampin Up.  It is a set from several years ago, with a flower a month.  Both my girls will be giving this to Grandmom.  One daughter was born in January and the other was born in February...therefore I used the January flower stamp and the February flower stamp.  Of course, you can use any of the stamps to create your cards. 
 
 
 
I am not sure where I got the background paper, because it was a scrap piece in my paper stash.  I used Stampin Up markers to color the flowers.  and after coloring the flowers, which really didn't take long, I used faux stitching around the edges, then mounted the stamped images on blue cardstock.  Three buttons in the upper corner and a sentiment in the lower corner will finish this card.  Simple and quick! 

No comments: